Lake of the Ozarks is located in the hills of the Ozarks in Central Missouri. It is popular for both vacationers and permanent residents. Lake of the Ozarks is a rural area that embraces its family-friendly community.
The Lake of the Ozarks was a large man-made reservoir created by damming up the Osage River in the northern part of the Ozarks. Bagnell Dam was constructed by Union Electric Company for 1929-1931. It is currently operated and maintained by AmerenUE. It was originally built to provide hydroelectric power for Union Electric customers. However, Lake of the Ozarks quickly became a popular tourist destination for people all over the Midwest. It is estimated that over 3 million people visit the lake annually.
Students in the area receive their education at Osage R-11 School District. This includes two public elementary schools and along with a public high school and private school.
The Lake of the Ozarks offers numerous exciting and relaxing recreational activities. With over 1350 miles of lake frontage, which is more water frontage than the coast of California, you will continually experience new and intersting pleasures for many years to come. Some of these include:
- Fishing - Whether you are a tournament fisherman or fish for relaxation, Lake Ozark MO Real Estate is the place for you. Some of the United States' top fishermen have made this wonderful lake area their home.
- Water Skiing - Water skiing can be great family fun for everyone, whether you are a beginner or an expert!
- Wave running - This activity can also be enjoyed by the whole family on the beautiful water of Lake of Ozarks.
- Boating - Lake of the Ozarks supports many boat models and sizes, to fit everyone's needs.
- Sailing - restful sound of lake water against your sailboat as you journey out magnificent lake.
- Hunting - hunters who enjoy the taste of wild game, the lake area is abundant with deer, turkey, fowl and more, that heavily populate the Lake of the Ozarks area.
- Camping - throughout the Ozarks lake area, you will enjoy family time at any of a number of wonderful RV parks and campgrounds.
Golf fanatics will be happy to know that there are eight different golf courses to choose from in the area. They are Bear Creek Valley Golf Club, Deer Chase Golf Club, Dogwood Hills Golf Club, Eldon Country Club, Lake Valley Country Club, Old Kinderhook Golf Resort, Osage National Golf Club, and Sycamore Creek Golf Club.
Lake Ozark MO Real Estate is a wonderful mixture of family-friendly attitude with a strong sense of history. One visit and you will discover that this is one of the best places to raise your family. Lake Ozark Missouri homes for sale.